Title : Advanced Internet Research Techniques: How to Discover Online Information Faster, Smarter and More Efficiently on Any Subject
Date : September 15th, 2011
Are you a Google zombie? When you search the Internet, do you type a word or two into Google.com, hit enter and hope for the best? You don't know what you're missing! Actually, you're missing 99% of online information and tapping only a tiny fraction of Google's search power. Learn how to retrieve online information faster, earlier, smarter and more efficiently -- on any subject. Discover new search strategies that will take you to the next level of online intelligence gathering. Find out how to slice through the cyber clutter and minimize search frustrations, distractions and dead-ends. Learn how to fully leverage and sync all your web-connected devices -- desktops, laptops, smartphones, tablets -- for maximum productivity in your professional and personal life.
Topics will include:
- Why nearly half your online time is wasted.
- How the Internet has changed the very notion of what it means to be smart.
- Google's hidden limitations, biases and costs (and why every searcher must know them).
- Why the best searchers don't search -- they get the information to come to them.
- The mind-blowing search information that's hiding in plain sight on every Google results page (but most users completely miss!).
- How to search and communicate in 50+ languages.
- How to search in your sleep (no joke!).
- How to go beyond written text and search the web using your voice, images, bar codes and more.
- How to automatically monitor your favourite websites.
- How to receive free subscriptions to hundreds of business magazines and newsletters written by industry experts.
- How to super-empower your online discovery using simple search commands that target specific phrases, filetypes and domains.
Who will benefit:
Anyone who uses the Internet (and who doesn't?). The seminar is especially relevant for professionals who rely on the web to gather information on business opportunities, industry developments and changing government regulations (and who isn't?). The Internet has become the absolute core of our work and personal lives and the webinar reveals how to thrive in this world of exploding information, twitchy immediacy and rising expectations to be plugged in at all times.
FOR YOUR INFORMATION:
CICA has launched a new networking site, CA Connect. To learn more, please click on CA Connect under Resources to get more information. To register click here.
To learn more about the speaker, click the Speakers link below.
Click System Check to verify your computer system meets the requirements to view the webinar.
For Technical Support, click the Resources link below. The PowerPoint slides will be available in Resources 24 hours prior to the webinar date.
To view more CA Magazine webinars, Click here.
To view all CICA webinars, Click here.
For PC users running Internet Explorer 6, 7, 8, Windows Media Player is the ideal format to listen to the webinar.
For users running Fire Fox 3 or higher, or Google Chrome, Silverlight is the ideal format to listen to the webinar.
For all Mac OS users, Silverlight is the ideal format to listen to the webinar.