Title : Mentoring and Career Advocacy
Date : January 18th, 2012
This presentation is sponsored by the CICA Women's Leadership Council. For more
information, go to www.cica.ca/women
One of the essential success factors in the advancement of women in the accounting profession is adequate access to career advocacy and sponsorship. Participants will learn why the issue of access to advocacy/sponsor relationships is different for women. The session will also include discussion on the following topics:
- the differences between mentors and advocates
- why sponsor or advocacy programs are essential in talent development
- why advocacy relationships happen unevenly for women
- why these relationships are a significant element in the progress of women to leadership and ownership roles
- how to design and implement a program specifically for your organization
FOR YOUR INFORMATION:
To learn more about the speaker, click the Speakers link below.
Click System Check to verify your computer system meets the requirements to view the webinar.
Use Windows Media Player if you are a PC user running Internet Explorer 6, 7 or 8. Use Silverlight if you are a PC user running Fire Fox 3 or higher or Google Chrome. All MAC OS users should also use Silverlight.
For Technical Support, click the Resources link below. The PowerPoint slides will be available in Resources 24 hours prior to the webinar date.
The session evaluation will be in Resources to complete after the live webinar.
To view more CA Source webinars, Click here.
To view all CICA webinars, Click here.